Amoxicillin 500 mg
Amoxicillin is a penicillin type antibiotic that fights with bacteria and stops them from growing. It is generic form of the brand name drug Amonil-CV 625. Amoxicillin is used to treat different type of bacterial infection. Such as tonsillitis, pneumonia and infection of the lung, ear, throat, skin, or urinary tract. Sometime it is also used with another antibiotic to treat different infections such as stomach ulcers. It is prescribed by doctor to treat infective bacteria which are sensitive to drugs such as, E.Coli, Staphylococcus, streptococcus, H.influenzae. However, it will not work against infections caused by virus (cold and flu)
Side Effect: – Common amoxicillin side effects may include:
- Stomach pain, headache, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea;
- Weakness, Vomiting or joint pain
- Swelling of the face
- Skin reaction
- Cough and Flu symptoms
Clavulanic acid 125 mg
Clavulanic acid is inhibitor of ß-lactamase; it ‘tricks’ the bacteria into binding to it and allowing the antibiotic to overcome resistance. It is used with other antibiotics for more effect. It is penicillin type antibiotic used to treat bacterial infections and stops the growth of bacteria. It will not work for viral infections. (Flu)
- Do not drug without consulting doctor, especially if you have any allergic reaction (such as skin rash, fever, joint pain, swelling of face, difficulty breathing) kidney or liver problems.
- Take this drug with food and with plenty of fluids.
- Allergic reactions like skin rash, Hives, swelling of the face
- Breathing problems
- Dark urine
- Sore throat
Consult doctor immediately if any of the above side effects occur while taking clavulanic acid 125 mg Tablet. Some side effects may occur that generally do not require any attention. These side effects may go away with treatment as body adjusts to the medicine. Also, your doctor may be able to explain you about ways to prevent of these side effects.